Sunday 25 April 2010

The sun has gone :-(

The sun has gone and the rain has come in it's place. So today I have pretty much stayed inside.


When I 1st woke up I had the breakfast cookie I made last night- yuuuuummmy! Will def be a regular thing for me now. Weight watcher wise it is quite pointy (6) but it's filling and very nutritious.




As it's Sunday that means I need to order the weekly shopping- I do it online as it just saves so much time and I can keep tabs of what i'm ordering and keep costs down where I need.

So this weeks meal plan is:

M- Lightened up chicken Parmesan- recipe from Jessica @ How Sweet It Is. Monday is my weigh in night so we have a treat meal when I get back.


T- Chilli ginger glazed cod with pak choi on quinoa


W- Spiced lean lamb steaks with salad and potatoes- had this last week but so yum want it again!


T- Turkey spaghetti bolognese


F- Teriyaki chicken with brown rice and peas

S- Spiced Prawn Quinoa


S- Tuna Fishcakes with salad


The plan can change around for various reason but I pretty much stick to it where I can.

Lunch today I made a healthier version of pad thai as I had some bits I needed to use up. Had a ginger tea with it and apple for after.




To make the pad thai I scrambled 1 egg white and set aside.

Then in a wok and some spray oil I'll cooked some carrots slice thinly and spring onions.

Then added a teaspoon of pad thai sauce, 8 king prawns and a pinch of sugar. After 2 mins I put in some Sharwoods Straight to Wok rice noodles (usually use pad thai noodles but wanted to use these up).

Add 1 teaspoon of soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon of fish sauce. Cook for 1 min then add the scrambled egg white and top with a few crushed peanuts. Yummy!



As the day went on and the weather looking a bit gloomy I needed something indulgent! So I decided to make a coconut hot chocolate. Yes not very good for points but a real treat.

120ml reduced fat coconut milk
120ml skim milk
6 small squares of dark chocolate

Put the milk and coconut milk into a pan and bring to boil. Then add the chocolate, turn off heat and continue to stir until the chocolate has melted. Then enjoy :-) Pure heaven.





For dinner another comfort food with a few tweaks. My version of cottage pie. I used quorn today as I had some in the freezer but to also keep the calories down. But you can obviously use beef mince.





200g quorn mince
1 onion finely chopped
1 carrot finely chopped
150ml hot beef stock
Few drops of worcestershire sauce
415g can baked beans
Freshley ground black pepper
400g potatoes
40g low fat mature cheese grated


Preheat the oven to gas mark 5/190c/fan oven 170c.

First I cook the peeled potatoes in water for 20 mins, mash with a little milk if needed and set aside.

Then in pan I put some spray oil and fry off the chopped onion, carrot for a few mins. Then add the quorn mince and cook for 3 mins.

Then add the beef stock, worcestershire sauce and season with pepper. Simmer for 10 mins.

Add the baked beans and cook for 5 mins.

Add quorn mix into a oven proof dish and top with the mash potato and sprinlke with the low fat cheese.

Bake for 25 mins and then enjoy!





The other day I bought a new book (yes I am a total book slut). It's The Food Doctor Ultimate Diet- Changing the way you eat for good by Ian Marber. Not yet read it but it looks fab and is apparently a good collection of a lot of his other books. There is nutrition info in there and recipes and meal plans. So thinking it will be useful. So a little bedtime reading for me.




Exercise wise today I did 30 mins on the cross trainer doing an interval program and then 30 minutes of circuits/weights.

I really need to start running soon as I have the 5k i've signed up for in July but why do I find running so hard? I can really give it some on the cross trainer for well over an hours but running i feel like my lungs are going to burst! Anyone know why? I can prob do 2 mins running at the mo :-( But i'm determined to run the full 5k in July.

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do" Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


1 comment:

  1. I hope you guys love the chicken parm! Let me know how it turns out. :)

    ReplyDelete